Working for the weekend

Monday, May 2, 2016

It's only Monday...and I am already counting down the days until the weekend.

The husband probably more so as he spent a majority of his weekend in the office.  Yuck.  Oh how I don't miss those days and how watching him work all weekend reminds me just how lucky I was to find my current position and escape the grind of public accounting.

But I digress.  The weekend.  The girls and I had a great weekend -- nothing out of the ordinary.  Nothing overly exciting.  Just a great weekend.

Friday was Papa's last night in town so he finally fulfilled his (er, my) promise to them to take them to Toys R Us.  I personally hate going there.  Its annoying.  My kids want everything.  And can't slow down enough such that I end up losing at least one of them for a few seconds each and everytime.  However, I have discovered that their shopping antics are actual cute if witnessed on occassion (i.e the one or two times a year someone comes to visit).  Needless to say it was all smiles at the toy store and most definitely when we got home.






We spent the rest of the night eating pizza, swimming in our neighbors pool and just hanging out.  A great ending to a great week with Papa.

Saturday morning, the husband took Littlest Miss to gymnastics, while Little Miss and I ran to Target to knock out some much needed errands.  So much easier with one kid.  But still managed to walk away with the few things I went for PLUS about 100 extra things...oops...

Littlest and Daddy arrived home and I had planned on just hanging out with the girls, only to discover that Littlest Miss had managed to pee through the diaper and half way up the front of her diaper.

So into the bath we went.  And don't tell daddy, but we may have enjoyed some chocolate.  And more might have gone on our face (and on the tub) then in our bellies


And then we had to rush out the door to get to a playdate with some of Little Miss's sweet friends from school.  I can't believe that she'll be done with Pre-K 1 in a month and this is the first playdate that we've had..


While at the playdate, it did become pretty clear that Littlest Miss is no longer a baby and has clearly entered the toddler stage.

The only thing scarier than this was her letting go with one hand to waive me off and assert, "No, no, no, help!  I do!"

We rounded out Saturday by welcoming daddy home and heading to a friends house for a pool party.  Where Littlest Miss wore arms for the first time, even though she's under the prescribed weight limit.  She was definitely skeptical at first, but quickly took to jumping and floating.



Sunday morning, we spent riding bikes, playing at the park with friends, running errands and then just relaxing at the house.


Just a perfect weekend.


1 comment: