Missions being Accomplished

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Sometime in December, I started reading this book.
See the source image

But there is one catch -- Chapter 1 essentially requires you to purge your house behind the notion that stuff impedes simplicity.  Well, given the craziness of December, the book has been collecting dust while the "to-do" of purge has been recycled on each and every "to-do" list.

Thankfully, since the New Year, I've somehow found the drive and motivation to tackle this monstrous task. I still have some cabinets and closets (namely my own) to tackle, but I can definitely say that I've made progress.

And even with work still to go, I am starting to feel the benefit that it brings to you life and mindset.  Less physical things has definitely equated to less stress.  More simplicity.  More time.  More happiness.  More memories

Such is evident by this past weekend.  Normally, Sundays are a stressful day of racing to church, running to get errands done and just preparing for the week.  But this weekend, we did church Sunday.  With less things in the house, there was less to put away.  Which meant more time for things like this:

A fort made out of curtains.




Complete with books, movies and cushions.



So comfy that the Husband fell asleep in the tent.



Isn't this what life should be about?  (Even if it was a one-time thing as the tent caused one of the curtain rods to detach from the wall thereby being banned by mom).

Here's hoping I can finish the purging in the next few weeks so I can finally move on to Chapter 2.

1 comment:

  1. If you want to get motivated and need to boost in energy definitely you think to go for another 9 health home tips
    https://www.trustedhomedecor.com/healthy-home/

    ReplyDelete