Proud Momma

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

I know, as a momma, I am often the biggest cheerleader of my children.  Often celebrating the developmental milestones -- first time crawling, first time walking, first time sleeping through the night, first day of school, etc.

But how often do we celebrate the social milestones?  Those moments when our children act in that picture perfect manner...

My thoughts, not nearly enough.

At the end of the day, I don't care if my children can run the fastest, be the best gymnast, or are the smartest kid in their class (although all of these would be wonderful!).  Rather, I'd much prefer that they are kind-hearted, generous, good christian people.  And so often, I worry that this won't happen for whatever reason -- that I am not home enough, that they'll pick up on my bad tendencies, etc..  And maybe the best way to squash this worry is to celebrate these social milestones just as much as we celebrate the developmental milestone.  

Positive re-inforcement people, right?

This week alone, Little Miss did two things that made my heart smile.  

First -- Little Miss said she wanted a baby brother from Mommy's tummy.  My response was that she should ask god.  Almost instantly, she clasped her hands together and in her sweet 3 year old voice said "God, can I please have a baby brother?  I love you. Amen"

Secondly -- I received this note from her school 


I tried to reinforce one of them this morning, and sadly, she had no real recollection of it.  Granted, it happened over a week ago and I just last night stumbled upon the note from her teachers (so much for real time feedback).  However, it was an awaken of sorts....

I need to love my daughters with all my heart and let them know just how proud of them I am.  All the day.  Every day.





11 comments:

  1. Aww. What a sweet girl helping her friends. That warms my heart. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetheart! I honestly think that the social milestones are some of the most important ones! Knowing how to be kind and caring in a harsh world is a great thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet girl you have raised!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've raised such a great girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw that's so sweet! I nanny for an almost 2 year old and I love when I get to see him do social things. Yesterday we went to story time and he was giving hugs to the other kids. It's so sweet getting to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great thing for the school to do! This is sweet!!

    XOXO,
    Danie
    www.letter2self.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So precious and sweet! It is a daunting task when you think about raising a decent human being. Isn't it so fantastic to know that God fills in where we fail or where we miss? It is a comfort to know that each morning when I entrust my Little into His care, He is faithful. We love Primrose Happy Grams!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was so sweet of her to notice that someone needed a helping hand. What a beautiful little lady - inside & out. & hopefully her prayers come true!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...that's such a sweet story and your daughter is obviously a little sweetheart! That's so awesome that she's so thoughtful at that age and that's a clear reflection on the amazing job you're doing as her mom! :-)
    Vicky @ randomlittlefaves.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet! You're doing a great job raising kind and generous girls :)

    ReplyDelete