Taco Tuesday Loser

Tuesday, May 24, 2016



So like many families, we tend to do Taco Tuesdays in our house.  However, as of late, it probably should be called Taco Tuesday Salad night as we've (I've) tried to steer largely away from grains.

Thus, this past week, I had grand plans to make this:

Paleo Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos | wickedspatula.com

And then I went to Central Market and tasted the most delish corn tortillas and reasoned that only certain people consider corn a grain and for this one day, I'd be one of them as they were yummy and saved me the headache and mess of making the paleo tortillas.

I could live with this.  Until I realized that the husband had eaten all of the Siracha.  Kind of a key-ingredient.

So I scrambled.  And quickly looked up spicy shrimp tacos on Pinterest and found one that looked good.  Don't you agree?



These chili lime shrimp tacos are super flavorful and take less than 30 minutes to make.

And thankfully, it was a quick recipe that I was able to whip up in less than 20 minutes.  My type of meal.

It even looked good on the plate, especially with my additional of cilantro lime cauli rice.

But for whatever reason, this one was a big fail.  Sorry originally poster.  It just didn't do it for me.  Guess I won't be making this again.

But I will make the Bang Bang Shrimp recipe once we restock the Siracha.

And just in case that's a big flop, what's your favorite Taco Tuesday recipe?


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!