To push or not to push

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

As much as I want to keep writing, I am struggling with where to begin!  So much has happened and we have so many different plans currently in motion (some secret, some not so secret) that its tough...so I guess I'll just start with the present!  Or better yet, last night...


Although Little Miss doesn't turn 4 until November, about a month ago she was asked to move up to the 4 year old gymnastics class. The big difference between Tumble Toads (the 3 year olds) and Flipadillos (the 4 year olds) is that the class if 15 minutes longer AND they spend a significant portion the class in the gym and not in the preschool "box."


Little Miss has been doing great and looks forward to it each and every week.  Here are some pics and videos from her first class a few weeks ago




And apparently, we, as proud parents, aren't the only ones who think so because last night I was asked if it was possible for her to make it to a select class during the week.  My initial response was (sadly) "No" because both the Husband and I work.  However, after telling the Husband about the inquiry he told me I should get more information because maybe we could figure out a way to make it work. 


Well, long story short they have a invite only class for 3 and 4 year olds that meets twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 until 10:00 AM.  It's not team, but definitely close to a pre-team.  And they want my baby.


You would think that this former gymnast would be all for it -- and don't get me wrong a huge part of me is -- but part of me is sad because in some way this is just yet another gentle reminder that my baby (who still isn't 4) is growing up quicker than I would have ever imagined.  And another part of me is scared -- scared that we will find a way for her to make it to this class and somehow be pushing her too hard or too much too early, even though if you ask her, her response is "I want to go 3 times a week."


Oh the dilemma!  For any mommas that have been there done that with any activity with their littles, any advice?

1 comment:

  1. My little is only 2 but I know this will be a battle later on. I just remember when I was a kid I was asked to be on the pre-team (also gymnastics) and I was so excited. But after a month I hated it, it was no longer fun anymore. I think you'll know how your child reacts to the new class and judge from there.

    ReplyDelete