Wish me luck

Monday, January 15, 2018

Unless you live under a rock, I'm guessing you've at least heard about the infamous Instant Pot.  Goodness knows my social media feeds are blowing up with various posts all discussing the magic of this kitchen appliance.

And let's be honest.  There are only so many posts this girl can see until her interest is peeked.

See the source image

So I did what any other girl would do (or maybe frugal girl) and I dug through my cabinets, listed a bunch of items that we hadn't used in years on facebook buy/sell/trade sites, sold said items, and then purchased an Instant Pot.

As I am writing it, I've yet to use it.  But fingers crossed it works because two of this weeks meals are cooked in it.  Fingers crossed that I am not going hungry those nights.

I'll definitely document my experience - as if it works like everyone says it will - it should simplify life!  Faster dinners, less cooking pots/pans/utensils, less prep (I mean supposedly you can cook frozen meat and goodness knows there have been many a days where I've had to pull an audible because I left the meat in the freezer before leaving for work), but in the meantime, here is our Week # 2 menu.  

Sunday 

This 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Beef Stew has no yellows, is gluten free, dairy free and just plain delicious! Family friendly and kid friendly healthy dinner! #instantpot #21dayfix #glutenfree #healthy #kidfriendly


Beef Stew in the Instant Pot (girls will get a deconstructed version)

Monday
Pepperoni_pizza_pasta-025

Pepperoni Pizza Pasta (adults)/Tortellini (girls) with Green Beans 

Tuesday

These Whole30 and Paleo Taco Salad Bowls are a quick and easy, fresh and flavorful weeknight meal.
Taco Salad (adults)/Taquitos (girls)

Wednesday

This Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi is so easy to make it's hard to believe it has so much flavor! #instantpot #pressurecooker
Shrimp Scampi with Broccoli - served over spaghetti squash (adults) and spaghetti (girls)

Thursday 

See the source image
Brats/Hot Dogs with Sweet Potato Tots and Broccoli

My goal this year is to get a solid, 4 week rotation. Complete with shopping lists.  And to just rotate that week by week.  But we'll see if that actually comes to fruition.



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!