Three cheers for...

Monday, April 3, 2017

...cauliflower?

Yes.  It might sound a little bit strange, but seriously, as of late its made me so happy.

See, for the last six months or so, I've been trying to cut out grains in an attempt to lose the gut.  Well, that clearly didn't happen as I'd still sneak them in (and my sneak them in I mean over indulge).  However, about two weeks ago, I finally caved and signed up for Isagenix and their 30 day program in an attempt to lose the gut before San Diego...

...and so far, I a really loving the convenience of Isagenix.  But when two of your three meals of the day are shakes (and please don't think I am complaining, as I actually love the taste and how great I feel after), the third meal really needs to be good.

And that's were cauliflower comes in.

In the form of Cauliflower Paella.

Recipe here (and photo credit too!)


Sunday night dinner for the win.

I made a few minor tweaks (most notably omitting the chicken, subbing mussels for oysters, and cooking in about 25 minutes not the supposed hour) and it was SO good.  So good in fact, I am thinking about eating the leftovers, which I normally won't touch with a ten foot pole, for dinner tonight.

And while we are talking about the amazing-ness of cauliflower, here are a couple other "go-to" recipes using this star ingredient.  My only tip is to cook the cauliflower a bit more than most of the recipes call for as in my opinion it makes the cauliflower a bit softer, more rice like and more flavorful.

Mexican Cauliflower Rice

Recipe here (and photo credit too!)

Shrimp & Grits

 Recipe here (and photo credit too!)

Do you have any recipes that you are loving?

Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. low calorie snacks The main benefit of the low-carb diet plan is that it makes you want to consume less . Even without counting calorie consumption most overweight people eat far fewer calories on low carb. Starch and sugar may boost your hunger, while avoiding them might decrease your appetite to an sufficient level. If your body really wants to have a proper number of calories you don’t need to bother counting them. Thus: Calories count, but you don’t need to count them.
    http://www.cureidea.com/keto-snacks-list

    ReplyDelete