Cup of Tea

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

To say that I am NOT a morning person is a lie.  If anything, I am the complete opposite.  A true night owl.



I can stay up until the wee hours of the night easily.  But getting up in the morning is a completely different story.

Most days, I'd be lucky if I got up before the girls (despite numerous alarms).  Not only did this lead to frantic mornings, but it lead to stressful days as I'd be lucky to get into the office before 9.  And although my current job doesn't require a ton of overtime, getting in that late definitely doesn't mean that you are getting out early.  Which meant:

Leaving the office around 5:15
Sitting in traffic and praying that I made it to daycare by 6:30
Racing home in an attempt to feed and bath the girls and get them to bed at a reasonable time (and the lack of routine and mommy time throughout the day meant they weren't asleep until at least 9 every night)
And then I'd still have to workout, prep for the next day, clean, squeeze in my 20 minutes of me time (this, its legit y'all) and then go to bed for the night.

It was truly exhausting.  And made our already busy life seem that much busier.

But did you catch that...I said was.  See after having to get my Aunt to the airport at 6:30 AM for a 7:40 AM flight two Mondays ago, something clicked.  And knock on wood, I've been at the office by 7:00 AM every since.  Which means that I don't get to see the girls unless they happen to wake up before I go, but it does make the rest of the day run so much smoother.

Especially on days like today. 

Where I left at 4:00 PM, and despite heavier than normal traffic, was home by 5:00 PM.  I changed into yoga pants and headed to the girls school where we proceeded to head to their favorite park for nearly an hour.  Think they had fun?





And now, its 9:30 PM and they've been asleep for over an hour.  Not only did I get to spend quality time with my littles, but I have actual me time.  To do whatever I need to do for me.  And that is something that makes my heart happy.

So is getting up at 5:30 my cup of tea?  Not really.  But it's so, so, so worth it.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!