Hello 2017

Monday, January 23, 2017

...so what if I am 23 days late. 


2016 was great, and 2017 has already shown its going to be even better (so long as you stay off Facebook and the news and are able to tune out all the childish antics and hate being spewed at us pretty much every single moment, which is another post or two).


And why is 2017 off to such a great start? 


Because it's literally been life changing.  Seriously.



First, I had LASIK done last Thursday.  After years and years and years of considering it and backing out, I finally put on my big girl panties, funded my flexible spending account and scheduled the procedure.

And after no more than 30 minutes, I was able to throw away my glasses and contacts that I've worn for nearly 30 years.

Seriously, life changing.  And as many had told me, the only regret I was going to have was that I didn't do it sooner.  #truth


And secondly, I got one of the keychain poufs for Christmas.  Not sure what I am talking about, well here you go.  One of these:

I "asked" for a Kate Spade one, only because I am mildly obsessed with anything Kate Spade, but really it didn't matter. I thought they were cute and would liven up my car key and house key only key chain.  But it did so much more than that. 

See, I use to spend countless minutes looking for said keys in my always-to-large-and-to-clutter purse.  But not anymore.  I can reach in, feel the soft fuzzy pouf and be on my way.  It has saved me at least 5 minutes a day.  Which when you are always running behind and trying to squeeze the most out of every day, is huge.  Not as life changing as being able to see, but still life changing.  Or at least I think so.

So yeah, 2017 is off to a really good start.  Here's to 11 more months of awesomeness and hopefully many more posts from me.  No promises, but I will try.  Really.
 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!