Book Numero Uno

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Let's be honest.  During 2016, I didn't read very much.


I had some great intentions to read a lot.  I even started A LOT of books, but I didn't actually finish very many of them.  Rather, I spent a lot of time playing Candy Crush, stalking on Facebook and pinning on Pinterest.  In essence, wasted time.


Thus, one thing I would like to do more of this year is read.  And not just read, but actually finish books.


Well if the past few days is any indication as to the rest of the year, 2017 should shape up to be much better as I already finished this book.  As in, done, finished, complete, in 24 hours.  (yes, caffeine is a necessity as I type this):


It was so good.  Or at least good in the sense that I had zero expectations. 



Image found here


Prior to reading it, I had never heard of the book or the author.  The only way I even found it was through exploring the "free" books under Amazon Prime.  And all I can say is thank goodness I looked.  I really, really liked the book.  It was a great combination of romance, mystery, and psychological thriller.


So now it's on to the next book.  Or at least determining what that will be.  But two questions for you:


(1) Any recommendations?  It can be anything really!  Fiction, non-fiction, religious, work-related.  You name it and I am game for it this year.


(2) Amazon Prime allows you access to a certain number of free books.  However, Kindle Unlimited seems to open up thousands of more options for a mere $9.99 a month.  So my question is -- is it worth it?  Are there enough "good" books to justify the cost?


Happy reading!


And next week, I'll try to get back to Welcome Home Wednesday and all the "plans" we have for the upcoming year.  I just couldn't do it this week when I still have fake Christmas trees at my front door.



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!