Weekend Recap Part II: Friday Night Lights

Tuesday, August 30, 2016













Friday Night Lights.  A term so many people know, but I am not sure people fully understand.  I know until Friday, I didn't.


As a non-Texan, I don't think I fully understood how "big" football was in Texas.  Even at, or especially at, the high school level.  In part because we don't yet have any Little Dragons in our house (the district's mascot) yet.


But that all changed.  And it may have changed as early as 8:30 AM when our friend sent me this:



and moments later, another friend said we may need more spots.  So given that I was in the area to scope out where we needed to go and avoid the bickering fight in the car, I may have reserved two more spots using, yup, you guessed it, floormats:



Needless to say, by time 4:30 rolled around we, I, was pretty excited.  And have no fear, I was most definitely not let down.  Everyone had so much fun, even the girls...both in terms of the actual tailgating part and going into the game.  The Emerald Belles (i.e. drill team) were definitely the biggest hit of the night in our house.


Actually, the girls had so much fun not only were they asking when we could go again, but Little Miss was excited to let us know that one day, she'd too be a dragon...which is a huge improvement over a year ago when her response was, "I'll never be a dragon, I'm a princess."


 
All the moms


The Husband and Andy


Littlest Miss, their bestie and Little Miss


Family Selfie (just missing Little Miss)


She was too busy having fun with her bestie


New friends


Walking to the stadium for the first time


Again with her bestie


Three future dragons taking it all in


Not having any fun


Friday Night Lights


And one last family selfie to top of a great night


Is it Friday yet?!?!



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!