Five on Friday: Random Update

Friday, July 29, 2016

I have a few much overdue posts currently in the hopper, such as the end product of our recent renovation as well as the Husband's bday recap from last week.  But technology (the blogger app is having trouble uploading posts with pictures), time (there's never enough), and memory (I regularly forget to take pictures of the house until I am sitting at my desk) are to blame.






But since it's Friday and the blog's been kind of silent, I thought I'd link up with Five on Friday and do a random recap of everything that's been going on.












(1) Pokémon Go Guys



Yes, we play. Or I should say I play -- mostly as something to do on my never ending quest to get at least 10k per day.  However, I have introduced the girls to it and they are definitely fans of trying to catch "monsters."  And they love when the monsters land on them without them evening knowing.




(2) Nightly walks and bike rides




So largely because of Pokémon Go we've started doing evening walks with the girls.  Well, recently Little Miss has insisted that she get to ride her bike.  And low and behold, she's pretty good (yes, there still training wheels on her bike, but still).  She made it over a mile the other night before declaring herself tired.






This momma was pretty impressed.






And not to be out done, Littlest Miss insisted on pulling the wagon and made it pretty far as well. 


Although she was definitely worn out when she was done.




(3) Coloring is for paper



Or its suppose to be.  Well, apparently not in our house.  While making dinner the other night, the girls were quietly and peacefully coloring.  This should have been my clue that something was up, but for whatever reason the warning sirens didn't trip.  And then I found them looking like this:


and this:



Good thing they were washable.  Although it took some scrubbing.  Needless to say for the upcoming road trip, I bought them both the Crayola Colorsmart markers that supposedly only work on paper.




(4) Night time snacks



Being a momma and working full time is tough enough.  Nevermind when your kids won't go to sleep. 
We have one kid who cries every night while in bed that she's hungry.  It be one thing if she did this at her actual bed time (ie. 7:30 PM) and not well past her bed time (i.e. 9:00 PM) and if this momma didn't still have to workout, clean up and make lunches for the next day.




And trust me, I wish I could ignore it, but such is not the case when (a) she starts screaming and shares a wall with her currently sleeping sister and (b) when she's off the bottom of the growth chart for weight.  So she wins.  Every night.  At least she eats healthy foods.  Last night she was the blueberry monster.




And her sister hasn't been much better.  Just as I am about to go to bed (midnight if I am lucky), Littlest Miss has been waking up crying.  Twenty minutes of rocking later, and I can finally snuggle up and pinterest myself to sleep (yes, this is a legit thing!)




Needless to say its been a rough week in this arena.  Hopefully, we can all get on a better sleep schedule following vacation!




(5) Date Night Happy Hour



With so much going on in our lives, sometimes it feels as though alone time for the husband and I is slim to nothing.  And with so little time that we actually hang out with the kids, sometimes we just can't justify getting a sitter to do a date night.  Well, thank you Del Frisco's Grille for solving this dilemma.




While flipping through facebook the other day, I saw an add for their new happy hour:




And I immediately sent it to the husband and said "Happy hour date soon?"




His response: "Oh god yes"




Because of previously scheduled plans, we didn't think we'd get a chance to go until after vacation, but because of a last minute cancelation, guess what we are doing tonight?  Yup, ditching work a tad early and having a little date.  Great way to kick off the weekend!




Happy Fri-Yay everyone!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!