Weekly Menu - Week of January 4, 2015

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

In talking with some friends this past weekend, I realized that (a) I pin a bunch of crap on pinterest (b) I do make/try a decent number of food items that I pin, but (c) do not document what I make, and more importantly what we like and what we don't like.

So given our weekly menu does rely heavily on my pins, I figured each week (Sunday morning preferably as I am making our weekly menu and shopping list) I'd write a blog post that had links to each meal -- then I could go back and at least comment on the post for the hits and the misses.

I had every intention of doing it this past Sunday, until a little 24-hour stomach bug hit me and Little Miss.  So now it's Tuesday.  The day I'd like to blog about the house.  But that can wait -- why, because its kind of sad right now.  Christmas decorations are down.  And somehow they, plus the Christmas magic, made our house feel so-so homey.  How I want it to feel all the time.  But yet, given that we just moved in 6 months ago and have a 6 month old, I realize that this is a work in progress...blah, blah, blah.  

Back to the weekly menu.  Please note that I don't tend to plan for Friday or Saturday dinners.  Based on our past history, we tend to waste that food as we'll last minute decide to do something with friends.  Here's what we are eating this week:

Sunday

One Pot Chicken & Potatoes, simple & delicious dinner idea. Just toss in the baking dish with seasoning & roast! By LetTheBakingBeginBlog.com


Notes.  I'd make it again.  However, I'd probably shake everything in the olive oil before cooking.  Things seemed to cook unevenly just drizzling on the olive oil.  But for an easy, and rather healthy (may sub sweet potatoes for regular potatoes) meal, it was worth it.  I would not, however, make it on a week night, as it did take just over an hour to fully cook everything.

Monday

1


Notes.  I'd make it again. Although next time, I'd try a crock pot version (No fear, I have those pinned as well.)  However, given that I was home sick yesterday, the stove top worked out great.  Little Miss even enjoyed the broth (but made me pick out each and every veggie).

Tuesday

Shrimp and Broccoli with a side salad.  

No picture. No recipe link.  Just a tried and true staple in our house.  Put shrimp and broccoli in a zip lock baggie.  Drizzle in olive oil, salt and garlic.  Shake to cover.  Back at 400 for 15 or so minutes and enjoy.  We are trying to avoid carbs currently (New Years Weight Loss resolutions) but normally I would serve with pasta or with wild rice.

Wednesday

Chipotle Chicken {Copycat Recipe} | Culinary Hill


Thursday

Juicy, tender pork chops with a flavorful herb rub! Such a quick and healthy dinner idea! | LoveGrowsWild.com


1 comment:

  1. Love hearing about this! I need practical weeknight meal suggestions, and you testing them out for me is ideal. :)

    ReplyDelete