Littlest Miss - 4 months

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Dear Claire,

I can't believe that you are already four months old.  We have enjoyed every second with you.  You are just the calmest, chillest and sweetest baby.  You smile at almost everyone and everything.  And not just any smile.  The worlds biggest smile that truly lights up a room.  As much as I wish I could freeze time, I cannot wait to see what the next month holds for you, but in the meantime, here is a quick snapshot of the last month.

Love you always,

Mommy


Age: 4 month
Height: 24.0 inches (48%)
Weight: 11 pounds 8 ounces (14%)
Head: 40.5 cm (43%)

Milestones: I feel like so much has happened this past month.  Most notably, Littlest Miss can flip tummy to back and back to tummy when she pleases.  She's talking up a storm.  Smiles at everything and is starting to giggle as well!


Sleep: Not sure I even dare type this.  Granted, if I'd been up to date on these posts, I would have typed it weeks ago...but girlfriend sleeps a solid 12 hours per night.  Say, what?!?  We start our bedtime routine around 6:45 and she's normally in bed by 7:15 (so what if I nurse her to sleep) and then its typically lights out until I wake her up the next morning around 7 or so (sometimes earlier depending on my work day).  I feel beyond blessed.  Now naps, totally different story.  We are lucky to get 45 minutes.  But you win some and you lose some right?  I'd much prefer to win at night and lose during the day!

She even transitioned beautifully to her crib.  In an ideal world, we would have transitioned her much earlier, but during the move, the bolts to the crib got lost along the way and we only recently found them.  And then we couldn't find the power cord for her monitor.  So for a week we'd put her down in her crib, but move her to the pack-n-play in our room when we were going to bed.  But finally on her 4 month bday, Baby girl made the all night transition.  Without a peep, of course.

Testing out her crib the first night


Best Moment: This is just too hard.  Every moment with Littlest Miss is just awesome.  However, the best moments of the past month probably had to be Littlest Miss getting to meet most of her extended family.  Auntie Barb came to visit and she met all of the Husbands aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents when we flew to Indianapolis for his cousin's wedding.  Speaking of flying, Littlest Miss is certainly spoiled already.  Two flights and two first class seats.  



First class flying with Daddy

Worst Moment: Honestly, there haven't been many.  Although the weekend before I went back to work, Littlest Miss did get her first cold.  Which made it super difficult to for her to sleep.  I think one night alone she was up at 11:30, 1:30, 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30 and the only way to get her to sleep was like this.  



Sicky baby.  Tired Momma.


Health:  Doing great!  Other than her one little cold, Littlest Miss is growing as expected and surpassing milestones even faster than Reese did (God help me.  Please don't let Littlest Miss walk earlier than R as 8 months was early enough!).  And at our 4 month appointment we got great news on her flat spot -- its within "normal" range and no need to see the plastic surgeon to discuss a helmet.  Wahoo!


The aftermath of our first back to tummy roll


Eating: Rockstar.  Girlfriend LOVES the boob.  Which is shocking to me since by this point her sister was way to cool for it.  Now that I am back to work, she gets boob in the morning and evening, and then four 4 ounce bottles throughout the day.  Although just yesterday (so technically part of her 5 month post), school requested that we bump the bottles up to 5 ounces).

Oh and the biggest accomplishment to-date.  Girlfriend doesn't even require the nipple shield anymore.  Wahoo!  

Things I want to remember: Um, everything!  It still amazes me how fast time goes and how quickly memories fade.  But here are a few of my favorite pics and memories from the past month...



Meeting uncle Craig


Meeting Auntie Lauren


Pretty girl pre-shots


Mommy snuggles



And even more mommy snuggles









No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!