A blue(berry) weekend

Wednesday, June 15, 2016













Well, its Wednesday.  I know, I know.  Weekend updates go on Mondays, with menu/pinterest likes/fails on Tuesdays, and Welcome Home on Wednesdays.

But let's face it.  I am a slacker.  Or a busy mom.

And I am just now getting around to posting our weekend update.  Better late than never, right?

Really, this past weekend was one of my favorite weekends we had in a while.  It all started Friday night when we threw a surprise party for our sweet neighbor.  Love that the surprise actually was a surprise and love that it was her first surprise party.ever.  Success.


Another party success was the cake -- we didn't go the traditional route because (a) that's boring and (b) little miss had asked me earlier in the week why we never made pies (I don't know...because pies are way more difficult then I'd like to take on with a very demanding 4.5 year old).  But once again pinterest came to the rescue and I found this No Bake Birthday Cake Cheesecake

Not only was it easy, but everyone loved it.  Little Miss may have been very sad Saturday morning when she woke up and asked for some and I had to tell her that I sent it home with the birthday girl (because I didn't want the temptation in my house!)

Once we got moving Saturday morning, we headed to gymnastics and then loaded into the car for a quick trip to east Texas to pick some blueberries at Blueberry Hill Farms.

Talk about fun!  The entire family had a blast picking (and eating blueberries) and I'd highly recommend!


Heading out to pick the berries


Blueberry picking selfie with mom


My three pickers.  Manual labor.


The true pro.


The little eater.  I don't think one blueberry made it in her bucket.


After picking, picnic with blueberry ice cream!



Car ride home.  Can you say exhausted?!?!

Once we got home it was a made dash to make the house presentable as we had friends coming over for dinner and wine.  So much fun and given that they left at a reasonable time, the girls indulged in one episode of Daniel Tiger (Somehow Little Miss knows all about PBS kids and may have squealed in excitement when she saw the icon on the box of the new TV for outside)



Sunday was just that -- a Sunday.  Church, errands, lunch and cleaning up the house.  However, because I only had time on Friday to get my toes done, I tried to sneak away to get my mani done as well. Key word tried. 

This one insisted on coming -- so a little mommy and Little Date, while Littlest Miss slept.


So all in all a great weekend...and thankfully (because of my slacking) the next one is only 2 days away!



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!