Reading Lists

Friday, May 6, 2016

As of late, I've been on a buying and starting books kick.

Yes, I said starting, not reading, because reading would mean that I was actually making progress on getting towards the end.  Sadly, such is not the case.  Rather, I get a chapter or two in, maybe three, and then...

...nothing...

Life.  Cleaning. Work.  TV.  Working out.  Kids.  Lunches.  Laundry.  You name it gets in the way and it makes me sad.  I've started some good books that I think would be great (and not to mention helpful as my latest kick is probably as far from fiction as you can get). However, then they collect dust.

Well, with our upcoming beach vacation, the optimist in me is hoping that I can turn a couple of pages of the books I've started.   Or hope to start.  And since there is so many, what a great topic for this week's Five on Friday.



# 1.  The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up


I cannot tell you how much time I feel like I waste keeping our house tidy.  Hopefully, if I can finish this book, purge as suggested, I'll recapture some time each day! A girl can dream right?!?!

# 2. Siblings Without Rivalry


This was suggested to me by a dear friend who's kids are approximately 2 years older than mine.  One of her main heartaches is how much her kids bicker and fight and how she wishes she would have "known better" sooner.  Its amazing, and eye opening, how little comments can create rivalry between siblings.

# 3. Hope Unfolding: Grace-Filled Truth for the Momma's Heart


I've followed her blog for awhile now and love it.  So figured I could use a good heart warming book to help me remember that if even if I don't finish or implement book # 2, its all going to be okay.


# 4. The Girl on the Train


This came highly recommend to me.  And I needed a fiction book to round out the list.  Hoping that chapter one is the only slow chapter...

# 5.  Off Balance: Getting Beyond the Work-Life Balance



I am actually over half way done with this.  I started it probably a year ago when I was really struggling with my career decisions and what I wanted/what to do.  Although balance isn't quite as big of an issue now as it was, I definitely want to finish this book.

In addition to these, I'd love to start the Rachel Hollis Girls Series (Party Girl, Smart Girl and Sweet Girl) and actually read the book for Book Club this month (Adultry by Paulo Coelho), even though we've never once (at least since I've been included) even discussed one page of a book.  But again, wishful thinking.

So maybe its baby steps.  As much as I'd love to finish all of the books above, what if I can finish at least one of them?  Or better yet, make some progress on just one of them...

Any tips on squeezing in time for reading when it already feels like there are so few hours and minutes in any given day?

What are some of your favorite reads as of late?








1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am going to need that sibling rivalry book ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete